Celebrities, they’re just like us! They shop at the supermarket. They drop their kids off at school. And they get distracted by wacky social media trends. That last one might be more of a recent development in the last few years as more and more hashtag campaigns and trendy apps reach the zeitgeist.
The latest trend is the image-altering FaceApp. All those pictures of old people you’ve seen scattered around the internet lately? They come courtesy of the app. It takes a photo, adds a few wrinkles and age spots, and then show you exactly what you’ll look like in your ripe old age.
Usually, celebrities want to look as young as possible. They’re always at the forefront of anti-aging products and plastic surgery. But the FaceApp trend has a lot of famous folks sharing pictures of what they’ll look like after the natural progression of time.
Everyone from reality stars to athletes to platinum pop stars is getting in on FaceApp, and the results are pretty wild. Some celebs look good for their (fake old) age, some look a little worse for the wear, and others are totally unrecognizable. But, one thing they all have in common is that they’re worth checking out.
1. Adam Scott wasn’t too happy with his FaceApp results.
2. Busy Phillips thinks her results are pretty realistic.
3. Carrie Underwood still looks pretty glam as an old lady.
4. Here’s LeBron James is sporting quite a few grey hairs.
5. The Jonas Brothers made the best joke ever, quoting one of their songs and saying their FaceApp photo offers a peek at “the year 3000.”
When you take a trip to the Year 3000. pic.twitter.com/O9Dxpwj6ex— Jonas Brothers (@jonasbrothers) July 16, 2019
6. Jeremy Renner offered Marvel fans a look at a bunch of the Avengers in their old age.
7. Jared Leto reminded fans of his iconic 2019 Met Gala look by aging up his own face and the face of his dummy head.
8. Courteney Cox showed fans what it would look like if Friends were set in a retirement community.
9. Noah Centineo still looks as good as ever.
10. Diplo felt cute.
11. Gordon Ramsay is still cookin’ even in his old age.
12. Meanwhile, Mark Hammill asked fans to stop showing him their FaceApp Photos of him.
I'll be glad when people get tired of using FaceApp & posting photos of me as an ancient relic. The only one who has aged halfway decently in these pics is my #LemonHairedLuke action figure. #FaceAPPalling pic.twitter.com/kOJgOG44iA— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) July 18, 2019
13. Queer Eye‘s Bobby Berk gave fans a five-for-one deal by aging up all of the members of the Fab Five.
14. Zachary Levi thinks he has a celebrity doppelgänger as an old man.
15. Snooki proved that she and JWoww really are best friends to the very end.
16. The Jersey Shore stars’ buds Vinny Guadagnino and Pauly D also showed off their FaceApp pics.
17. Lil Nas X thinks he looks pretty good as an old guy.
18. Sam Smith thinks he might mix up his gender as an old person.
19. Drake looks pretty distinguished in his old age.
20. Steph Curry also got in on the fun.
21. Bachelor contestant Nicole Lopez-Alvar gave Bachelor Nation a look at how a very different kind of Rose Ceremony might look.
22. James Marsden showed his followers his old-age selfie.
23. Even though lots of stars are having fun with FaceApp, don’t expect to be seeing any old-age pics from Mariah Carey any time soon.
FaceApp is not something I acknowledge pic.twitter.com/X2aEatobBC— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) July 18, 2019