There’s nothing more suspicious than a guilty mind. People who do wrong are always convinced everyone else is doing wrong, too. A woman named Zoe Scholefield shared a screenshot of rules her controlling boyfriend—now ex—sent her before she had a night out with the girls. It’s long, controlling, and makes his girlfriend seem like she’s on parole.
And it turns out he cheated on her! So in a way, this is actually a list of what he thought she should have asked him to do, to stop him from cheating. Interesting.
Scholefield tweeted the list, writing, “Funny how my ex sent me stuff like this then has the audacity to cheat on me.”
Number one on the list is: “Don’t dance like a slag like in reflex.” It actually got worse from there.
The rest of the rules are:
2) Don’t get too drunk
3) No boys and if anyone comes up to you and talks to you tell them you have a boyfriend
4) Look after your drink at all times to make sure no one puts owt in it
5) Stick with ____ or _____ all time not _____ by looks of last night mostly _____
6) No one but you 4 in your room besides _____ but he can’t sleep
7) You can’t go in anyone else’s room
8) You let me know everything that happens to be ready to explain stories
9) Always send me photos of front and back of what you are wearing so I can approve and say whether or not I think you should wear it
10) Even when I’m asleep text me to tell me things so I can see in morning
11) If you find time call me or [FaceTime] me but let me know in advance
12) If you want a video of room before you sleep to prove no one else is there and you are off to sleep
It’s unclear if she actually complied with these demands, but I can tell you one thing: this sounds like an absolutely miserable night out. Which is kind of the point. Because Scholefield’s ex wasn’t just a hypocritical cheater. He was an abusive douchebag.
Several people pointed out that if someone tries to get you to do any of these things, they’re waving all the red flags:
The only passable thing he says is to watch her drink, the rest however... 😬— jen !! (@fakeplastctree) August 9, 2019
I think the whole fucking text is massive red one tbh!— Liam Kane Ridout (@Liam_Ridout) August 9, 2019
I was in a similar situation a few years back and it's taken around 2 years to be able to move forward properly.— S O P H I E 🍷 (@Sophie_Louise6) August 10, 2019
I'm sorry for anyone that receives stuff like this ❤
Photos of outfit sonhe can “approve” it 😂😂😂😂 fuck right off!— Dee Sewell (@DeeDeeluv21) August 10, 2019
Once you reach adulthood, nobody has the right to tell you what to wear, who to hang out with, or to demand a play-by-play of everyone of your adventures. People stay faithful because they’re trustworthy and respectful of their commitments, not because you stopped them from dancing. This was clearly a guy who didn’t understand much about respect.