Librarians get a bad rap. In popular media they’re always portrayed as draconian overlords of books and silence, stalking around their domain and shush-ing people with a sibilance so severe it often strikes terror into the hearts of would-be pupils.
But what proof have we for this unflattering stereotype? Most librarians I’ve met are gentle, sweet souls who enjoy the smell of books and are just trying to get through their workday, same as the rest of us. Which means they like to have fun, same as the rest of us because they’re funny, same as…you know, some of us. Not all. The following librarians defy unpleasant stereotypes and display a sense of humor so excellent, you’ll want to hit up your local library more often.
46. This library is hip with its fellow kids:
45. “Sometimes I wear my panda hat to work. This is what it looks like to everyone walking into the library.”
44. You other brothers can’t deny…
43. Your standards must not be very high, Makenzie:
42. RED…Get it? You get it.
41. Yes, yes I do, but I’d feel better still if you’d used anything but Papyrus font:
40. Poor trolley!
39. Who doesn’t enjoy a good double entendre?
37. WOW CAN I MARRY THIS LIBRARIAN: