Trump supporters aren’t the brightest people. You can tell because they got taken in by a barely literate con man who they insist has their best interests at heart, even though he constantly says and does otherwise. Unfortunately, pointing this out to them only deepens their support for Dear Leader. Oftentimes they get so giddy about trying to dunk on liberals they actually end up dunking on themselves and the rest of the internet is always happy to join in. These are some of the best Republican self-owns online this year (so far).
1. When they destroyed all their Nike gear to protest Colin Kaepernick’s ad campaign.
First the @NFL forces me to choose between my favorite sport and my country. I chose country. Then @Nike forces me to choose between my favorite shoes and my country. Since when did the American Flag and the National Anthem become offensive? pic.twitter.com/4CVQdTHUH4— Sean Clancy (@sclancy79) September 3, 2018
2. When this guy got himself banned from all Disney parks for holding up a ‘Trump 2020’ sign.
3. When MAGA nerd Jacob Wohl tried to frame Robert Mueller only to have the whole operation blow up in his face.
New from me + @brandyzadrozny + @tom_winter:— Ben Collins (@oneunderscore__) October 30, 2018
A company called “Surefire Intelligence” has ties to this Mueller smear.
Jacob Wohl denied having ties to Surefire.
Surefire’s official phone number redirects to a voicemail box registered to Jacob's mom.https://t.co/aVPzVDjGR4
4. Or how about the time Wohl tried to own Chrissy Teigen and came away licking his wounds.
can someone break down with jacob wohl did in one tweet. like a cliffs note please - my timeline is a mess I don’t have the energy— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) October 30, 2018
I became more famous than you. That’s what happened. pic.twitter.com/X4J67eaUJ0— Jacob Wohl (@JacobAWohl) November 1, 2018
This is literally just a graph proving people had to google your dumbass to figure out who you are https://t.co/xpUkyB8NTM— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) November 1, 2018
Don’t come at the queen.
5. The time the Kent State gun chick bizarrely tried to own her fellow students by going undercover only to prove that no one really knows who she is.
Yesterday I went undercover at Kent State to ask students what they think about Kaitlin Bennett, the Kent State gun girl. Surprisingly no one recognized me until I took the glasses off. pic.twitter.com/SHLuzMYOez— Kaitlin Bennett (@KaitMarieox) August 23, 2018
6. When a far-right YouTube personality learned what “strict border enforcement” means after getting banned from Europe for racism.
They just locked me out and said "au revoir"... Officially banned from UK for "racism".. doing fine though, all the cool people are being banned anyway ?— Lauren Southern (@Lauren_Southern) March 12, 2018
Need to gather my thoughts and call family. Interrogation story is pretty crazy though. Will tell it soon. pic.twitter.com/mARtkyZKFm
7. When an anti-#MeToo mom claimed her son was a victim of the movement, only to have her own flesh and blood put her on blast on Twitter.
That was my Mom. Sometimes the people we love do things that hurt us without realizing it. Let’s turn this around. I respect and #BelieveWomen . I never have and never will support #HimToo . I’m a proud Navy vet, Cat Dad and Ally. Also, Twitter, your meme game is on point. pic.twitter.com/yZFkEjyB6L— Pieter Hanson (@Thatwasmymom) October 9, 2018
8. That time right-wing grifter Candace Owens tried to use Mollie Tibbetts’ tragic death to push an anti-immigrant agenda only to get smacked down by Tibbetts’ family.
Mollie Tibbits was killed by an illegal immigrant. There will be ZERO outrage from Democrats and the spineless celebrities who march to their orders because they need open borders for votes.— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) August 21, 2018
How many more AMERICAN lives is the left willing to sacrifice for elections?
Leftists boycotted, screamed, and cried when illegal immigrants were temporarily separated from from their parents.— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) August 21, 2018
What will they do for Mollie Tibbetts?
What did they do for Kate Steinle?
They will NEVER see their parents again.
hey i’m a member of mollie’s family and we are not so fucking small-minded that we generalize a whole population based on some bad individuals. now stop being a fucking snake and using my cousins death as political propaganda. take her name out of your mouth. https://t.co/xxZNBF0Uv9— sam (@samlucasss) August 22, 2018
9. Or how about the time Candace Owens got owned and disowned by Kanye West, who accused her of “using” him to encourage black people to leave the Democratic party.
I introduced Candace to the person who made the logo and they didn’t want their name on it so she used mine. I never wanted any association with Blexit. I have nothing to do with it.— ye (@kanyewest) October 30, 2018
My eyes are now wide open and now realize I’ve been used to spread messages I don’t believe in. I am distancing myself from politics and completely focusing on being creative !!!— ye (@kanyewest) October 30, 2018
10. When massive transphobe Alex Jones got caught viewing “adult” trans sites on his phone.
So, last night we learned that @RealAlexJones watches porn featuring @XXXMARISSAMINX, a #trans woman.— Danielle Muscato (@DanielleMuscato) August 25, 2018
Hypocritical yes; shameful/gay=NO. Porn use is normal, & trans women are women.
Although I think I speak for all of us when I say, go fuck yourself Alex. We're not interested! pic.twitter.com/4cbDVfuehr